We all have this – the dish that we cook when we’re too tired, too lazy or have lost the will to live. Mine is a sardine pasta that can easily be prepared in 10 minutes.
- 2 tins of Portuguese style sardines (spicy if you like)
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- half a small onion, diced
- spaghetti (I just grab what can fit in my hand, served 2-3)
- salt and extra virgin olive oil, season to taste
- Boil spaghetti for 7 minutes or until al dente
- Meanwhile, drain the sardines. Crush the sardines in a pan and “fry” to for 2 minutes.
- Wait for the pasta to cook
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer directly to the pan. Mix with the sardines. If it is too dry add a cup of the pasta water.
- Season with salt to taste. Mix.
- Serve immediately and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.